Marketers know how quickly the digital marketing landscape can change. That’s why it is crucial to stay up to speed on new developments in the industry. With all the resources out there, this can be a time-consuming task. But digital marketing books and ebooks are an incredibly valuable resource for busy professionals. Investing in digital marketing publications is an easy way to refine your skill set, discover new thought-leaders, and become more aware of the ever-evolving marketing landscape. It’s time to dust off that library card or eReader and get ready to be inspired.
We’ve compiled our 6 favorite digital marketing books to help you refine your skills, define your objectives, and achieve your marketing goals:
- 6 Steps to Developing an Inbound Marketing Strategy for B2B Companies, by Mindtap Digital
- Everybody Writes, by Ann Handley
- Digital Marketing for Small Business, by HubSpot
- The Art of SEO: Mastering Search Engine Optimization, by Eric Enge, Stephan Spencer, and Jessie C. Stricchiola
- They Ask, You Answer: A Revolutionary Approach to Inbound Sales, Content Marketing, and Today’s Digital Consumer, by Marcus Sheridan
Brand Storytelling: Put Customers at the Heart of Your Brand Story, by Miri Rodriguez
Here are the top 6 digital marketing books to motivate your digital marketing strategy:
1. 6 Steps to Developing an Inbound Marketing Strategy for B2B Companies, by Mindtap Digital, by Mindtap Digital
- Summary: This 2022 ebook offers an in-depth look at how to develop a comprehensive inbound marketing strategy. Sections are divided into eight chapters, which cover everything from identifying buyer personas, to SEO basics, to lead nurturing tactics.
- Why We Recommend This Book: Designed for marketing professionals by marketing professionals, this eBook is an inbound marketing master class in itself. With each step of an inbound marketing plan explained in full detail, this expanded guide acts as your own personal marketing consultant. Whether you need insight into buyer personas, SEO best practices, or a brush-up on strategy, this marketing eBook is perfect for marketers of all levels who want to up their inbound marketing game.
2. Everybody Writes, by Ann Handley
- Summary: Part handbook, part best practices guide, Handley’s book is a wonderfully engaging read on how to create engaging and easily-shareable digital content. The six parts include “How to Write Better,” “Writing Rules,” “Content Rules,” and other incredibly helpful sections that will help you refine your writing skills.
- Why We Recommend This Book: Known as one of the most influential marketers in the industry, Ann Handley is the go-to resource for everything digital content. Everybody Writes appeals to everyone—writers or not—by utilizing grammatical and writing basics as its foundation, with creative brainstorming and insider tips as its rooftop. Even if you don’t write full time, understanding how to write will considerably expand your marketing team’s capabilities. Relatable, funny, and helpful, this book is ideal for anyone who has ever talked themselves out of writing because they didn’t feel confident.
3. Digital Marketing for Small Business, by HubSpot
- Why We Recommend This Book: Not only is this eBook extremely concise and well-written, but it is visually stunning. This is no surprise, as HubSpot teamed up with MOO to create a beautifully designed and highly-effective guide to digital marketing. This guide even includes templates to help lay the groundwork for your own marketing plan. Because this eBook covers social media marketing, marketing strategy, and how to audit your website, this guide is an excellent resource for novice marketers and smaller teams.
- Summary: Aimed at small businesses, this easily-digestible eBook provides insight into the digital marketing landscape. Readers will learn how to set a digital marketing strategy, how to maximize resources, how to optimize skills, and how small businesses can get the most out of the marketing world.
4. The Art of SEO: Mastering Search Engine Optimization, by Eric Enge, Stephan Spencer, and Jessie C. Stricchiola
- Summary: This highly-rated publication provides readers with an in-depth analysis of everything SEO, including best practices, tools, trends, and how to build an SEO team.
- Why We Recommend This Book: We understand that SEO can be confusing. The industry is complex and constantly evolving, making it difficult to keep up with new developments. The Art of SEO turns these complicated topics into easily-digestible chapters, with plenty of real-world examples for reference. Authored by four of the most trusted voices in the SEO industry, this book explains why SEO is valuable, best practices and tactics, and how to implement SEO in your digital marketing strategy. Whether you are new to SEO, or looking to brush up your skills, this book is a fantastic resource to add to your bookshelf.
5. They Ask, You Answer: A Revolutionary Approach to Inbound Sales, Content Marketing, and Today’s Digital Consumer, by Marcus Sheridan
- Summary: They Ask, You Answer is a comprehensive, readable guide to understanding and appealing to current and potential buyers. Injected with personal anecdotes and straightforward advice, this book explores how technology and marketing practices can merge to create better buyer experiences.
- Why We Recommend This Book: We are always looking for more marketing thought-leaders to follow. And Marcus Sheridan is one of them. A business owner who turned his struggling business into a successful one during the 2008 crash, his experience is vital advice for anyone looking to improve their marketing standards. This book is well-written, engaging, and ideal for marketing teams that want a deeper understanding of their customers.
6. Brand Storytelling: Put Customers at the Heart of Your Brand Story, by Miri Rodriguez
- Summary: Brand Storytelling teaches readers how to incorporate brand storytelling into their digital marketing strategy. This book includes advice on achieving long-term growth and brand loyalty, with advice from companies like Coca Cola, McDonalds, Adobe, and more.
- Why We Recommend This Book: Personalized content is a key component of a thorough digital marketing plan. But understanding how to harness SEO and promote valuable content isn’t enough. You need to know how to tell a story. And Brand Storytelling teaches you how to do exactly that. With expert advice and a simplified explanation of digital marketing from start to finish, this book is a helpful resource for companies who are looking to improve their content marketing capabilities.
[Click here to download our free eBook 6 Steps to Developing an Inbound Marketing Strategy for B2B Companies.]