Adapting to the rapid and constant changes in the digital realm to remain relevant and discernible to your target market is no easy task. As we head into 2022 there are a few questions marketers should be asking themselves such as:
- Are we effectively using personalization in our marketing efforts?
- Are we offering a complete mobile experience?
- Are we ready to make a strategic marketing transformation?
If your answer to these questions is not a resounding “yes”, it’s time to reevaluate your digital marketing strategy to determine which marketing channels need to be improved.
Top 5 Digital Marketing Trends for 2022
With the continuous economic changes taking place, we know that past digital marketing efforts may not be as effective in 2022. Here are 5 marketing trends we think you need to pay close attention to in the coming year.
1. The Power of Personalization
Personalization in marketing has become both an art and a science. While traditional marketing is about hitting your entire audience with the same message, personalized marketing targets a customized segment of your audience based on specific interests and needs.
According to a recent report from SmarterHQ, an overwhelming 72% of customers will only engage with personalized marketing messages. Thus, it’s safe to say that personalized marketing has become the gold standard.
Keep in mind that every brand’s personalization journey will be different based on its specific target audience. Ensuring that personalization is present in every marketing campaign will allow your audience to join you on this journey and truly engage with your brand.
2. Enhanced SEO Strategy
SEO strategies have always needed to be robust and results-driven, but you need to step it up even more in 2022. Whether you are looking for more leads, increased organic traffic, or improved brand awareness, it’s important to enhance your SEO strategy to include the following trends.
- Enhance Website Page Speed. Among the more critical SEO trends for 2022 is improving your site’s page speed. As people continue to focus on digital content, it’s become imperative for companies to provide faster website experiences. With Google having launched Core Web Vitals as one of its newest rankings factors, your page upload time now plays a key factor in your ranking.
- Consider Search Intent. A single keyword can have multiple meanings, so it’s crucial to understand what exactly your customers are searching for. You need to understand their search intent, so that means creating content that aligns with that intent.
There are four types of search intent you need to be aware of when implementing this strategy:
- Informational – searcher is looking for information.
- Navigational – searcher is looking for a specific website.
- Transactional – searcher is looking to make a purchase.
- Commercial Investigation – Searcher is looking for a specific product /service.
- Implement Local SEO. If your business has a local customer base, using Local SEO is a must. Local SEO can help drive more traffic to your premises through online leads that are specifically searching for your products/services.
3. Strategic Marketing Transformation
The term strategic marketing transformation describes the process of businesses evolving their processes to include a strategic marketing plan. This strategic transformation is achieved through a combination of:
- Data collection
- Strengthening customer relationships
- Engaging online customers on a more personal level
- Publishing high-quality content
- Improving overall online presence
These combined efforts become an integral part of the underlying business strategy and influences decision-making for the entire organization. To do this effectively, companies must realize that the marketing strategy should be considered for all business practices.
4. Complete Mobile Experience
In the first quarter of 2021, mobile devices generated 54.8 percent of global website traffic. With that in mind, it’s no surprise that delivering a world-class mobile experience is a must for marketing in 2022.
Your mobile marketing strategy can be as simple as adapting the design of your website to fit smaller screens or developing a separate app that can be downloaded on mobile devices. No matter what tactics you implement, your mobile marketing experience needs to be seamless across any platform.
Keep in mind that people will have the ability to switch effortlessly between completely different channels/platforms on a single device. Whether it’s jumping from social media to brand forums, or pivoting from text notifications to an in-app purchase, a mobile device lets brands keep pace with audience preferences in real-time.
5. High-Quality Video Content
Video has now become the most engaging form of online content. If you want to stay on top of the digital marketing game you need to be aware of what types of videos are gaining the most traction as we head into 2022.
- Product (or Service) Promotional Videos
Product promotions are perhaps the most common type of marketing video and the majority of web-based product promotions focus on the key benefits or attributes of a product/service.
- Product Demo Videos
Product demo videos take a deep dive into the features and benefits for those who are seriously considering purchasing the product.
- Launch Videos
A launch video is a unique and specific form of product promotional video. They are used to set the tone for the new product or service.
- Explainer Videos
An explainer video is a short-form clip that is usually used for marketing or sales purposes. It highlights a company’s product/service, or perhaps a business idea in a simple, yet compelling manner.